Research & Development
Chemguard’s state-of-the-art research instrumentation includes a Kruss tensiometer for measuring surface tension and interfacial tension.
Chemguard is committed to continuous product development and innovation to meet customer requirements and market demands. In recent years, we have increased our R&D staff and expanded our laboratory facility. We also have invested in state-of-the-art equipment, such as a Kruss tensiometer.
We are available to answer product questions and assist customers with custom formulations for specific application requirements.
Fire Suppression Product Research
Since 2000, we have developed low-viscosity agents that exhibit improved polar solvent performance for alcohol-resistant aqueous film-forming foam (AR-AFFF). The new AR-AFFF – plus 16 new foam concentrates – were derived from two Chemguard specialty chemical products, FS-100 and HS-100.
Recent product introductions include EXTREME Class A foam, the first foam concentrate designed specifically for compressed air foam systems, and Ecoguard, the first UL listed fluorine-free foam for multiple applications (topside and sprinkler).
For more information contact:
John Vieweger, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, 1.817.473.9964 x206, Fax: 1.817.473.6590
Specialty Chemicals Product Research
During 2000, Chemguard developed and introduced two new foam-stabilizing products for the specialty chemicals product line:
- FS-100 40% actives amphoteric fluorosurfactant with 16% fluorine
- HS-100 45% actives anionic high-molecular-weight polymeric hydrocarbon surfactant
Since then, we have developed three additional specialty fluorosurfactants for fire-fighting foam applications and eleven specialty fluorosurfactant for coatings applications:
Fire Fighting Foam Applications
- FS-157 27% actives amphoteric fluorosurfactant
- FS-183 40% actives amphoteric fluorosurfactant
- FS-257 34% actives amphoteric fluorosurfactant
- S-111 27% actives amphoteric fluorosurfactant
- S-500 27% actives amphoteric fluorosurfactant
- S-550 50% actives nonionic fluorosurfactant
- S-550-100 100% actives nonionic fluorosurfactant
- S-554 50% actives nonionic fluorosurfactant
- S-554-100 100% actives nonionic fluorosurfactant
- S-559 40% actives nonionic fluorosurfactant
- S-559-100 100% actives nonionic fluorosurfactant
- S-760P 35% actives anionic fluorosurfactant
- S-761P 35% actives anionic fluorosurfactant
For more information, contact:
Bob Gilbert, Senior Manager, Sales & Marketing, Specialty Chemicals Division, 1.817.473.9964 x211