Foam Sample Testing
Periodic sample testing is a necessary step in ensuring that fire-suppression foams continue to perform as required for their specified applications. Accordingly, accurate foam sample testing – using the highest laboratory standards and data processing in the industry – is an integral part of customer support at Chemguard.
To have foam samples tested by Chemguard, please:
- Open the Request for Foam Analysis form
- Print and fill out the form.
- Obtain representative foam samples – 8 ounces (250 milliliters) usually is sufficient – and place them in labeled, leak-proof containers.
- Package the completed Request for Analysis form with the foam samples, along with an SDS and a certificate of analysis or technical data sheet.
- Mail to Tyco Fire Protection Products, 2700 Industrial Parkway South, Bldg. 114 Receiving 6, Marinette, WI 54143 -- Attention: CHEMGUARD FOAM ANALYSIS.
Note: For a free Foam Sample Analysis Kit, contact Fire Suppression customer support.
Standard Chemguard foam testing includes the following analyses (as applicable):
- Refractive index
- Specific gravity
- Foam quality
- Film formation
Additional tests and services are available upon request:
- Proportioning test
- Surface tension and spreading coefficient
- Full-scale UL fire test
- Rush analysis and report delivery
After laboratory testing, we thoroughly review the data and report the results, along with any recommendations.
As a convenient alternative to Chemguard foam sample testing, order the Precision Foam Solution Test Kit for performing field proportioning testing.
Chemguard researchers are always available to answer product questions and work with you on meeting your application requirements.For more information, contact fire suppression customer support.